The operational history of this Komet, on display in unrestored condition at the Udvar-Hazy Center, is unknown. It was one of five brought to the US after WWII for evaluation, receiving the foreign equipment code FE-500 that is still visible. Gliding tests were completed but powered tests were abandoned after delamination of the aircraft's wooden wings was discovered. It was then stored at Norton AFB until 1954 when it was transferred to the Smithsonian. Note the Walter rocket motor in the foreground
This photo was added on 21 February 2018, and has since been viewed 70 times.