The world's only airworthy Merlin-powered P-40F at the Antique Aeroplane Association of Australia's National Fly-in. Built to a 1941 USAAC order as 41-14112. Shipped to the Pacific. Based at Efate with 44 FS/18 FG & named 'Bonecrusher'. Force-landed on Erromango 20 Dec 42 on a training flight. Recovered Nov 89 & shipped to Australia. Acquired by Judy Pay 1990 & restored. Reg'd VH-HWK 30 Jul 96. First engine runs Aug 07, first flight Apr 09.
This photo was added on 14 February 2018, and has since been viewed 41 times.