This Spitfire was built at Castle Bromwich in 1944 going on to fly with a Polish squadron and 416 Sqdn RCAF. It was damaged by AA fire around D-Day and stored by the RAF from late 1944 to 1946. Post-war it served with the Dutch and Belgians before being w/o in an accident in 1954. After restoration as a target-tug it was bought privately privately puchased and donated to the CASM in 1964.
This photo was added on 14 February 2018, and has since been viewed 29 times.