Looking a bit faded now, this C-130A-50-LM was allocated the USAF serial 57-0507 for administrative purposes but was delivered new to the RAAF on 14 January 1959. It served all its career with 36 Squadron until retired in May 1975. Along with the RAAF's other C-130As, this aircraft was stored at RAAF Laverton between 1978 and 1994 while abortive attempts were made to sell these useful aircraft. On 22 May 1994, A97-214 was trucked the few miles to RAAF Point Cook to join the RAAF Museum collection.
This photo was added on 12 February 2018, and has since been viewed 57 times.