Built as a Mk 30, this was the first production Avon-Sabre for the RAAF, delivered to 1 AD on 19 August 1954. Allocated to ARDU for test-flying, then squadron service with various units including 76 Squadron's Black Panthers aerobatic team. Converted to Mk 31 status with '6-3' fixed leading edge wing. Retired in December 1966 & scheduled to be converted to components, but rescued and displayed at the Mildura Warbirds Museum for many years. Donated to Bankstown Aviation Museum 1999 & passed on to HARS 2006
This photo was added on 22 January 2018, and has since been viewed 76 times.