Horten craftsmen built this glider in 1944 at Göttingen. It probably first flew as a two-seat Horten IIIg but was modified into a single-seat glider, with special test apparatus installed to measure angle-of-attack, yaw and speed, leading to the change of designation to IIIh. The British found this glider at Rottweil, approximately 100 km (60 miles) southwest of Stuttgart in 1945 'in perfect condition'. Precisely what happened between then and it becoming part of the NASM collection is unknown.
This photo was added on 8 December 2018, and has since been viewed 56 times.