A line up of ground instructional airframes at the RAF's No 1 School of Technical Training. Line up includes Twin Pioneer, Jet and Piston Provosts, Canberras, Hunters, a Vulcan and a Spitfire hidden at the far end. The Twin Pin now resides at the Museum of Flight at East Fortune. The JP is ex XM367.
VH-CLI now with the Central Australian Aviation Museum. Bessie Springs is on McArthur River Station and was once a regular stop for Connellan. Since those days a new airport with a sealed runway and apron has been built 20 miles away at the McArthur River Mine.
This camouflaged LAPE DC-2 landed at Ta Qali on 12 November 1938 at 2pm, bringing Spanish Minister Bernardo Giner de los Ríos and three generals en-route to Ankara for the state funeral of Turkish President Mustafa Kemal Atatürk. Photographer unknown.