"Kaapstad" was the first of four L-749A's to be delivered to SAA in 1950. They replaced Douglas DC-4's on the run to Heathrow. Latterly fitted with 84 seats for domestic tourist class flights. Stored from 1959 and bought by ACE as G-ASYS in early 1965. Seen taxying to LAP North on arrival from Joburg.
This photo was added on 15 September 2017, and has since been viewed 123 times.