The sole Brabazon on finals to its Filton birthplace at the conclusion of its 2 1/2 hour second test flight. Powered by eight Centaurus piston engines coupled in pairs. A second example, to be powered by Proteus turboprops was registered as G-AIML but broken up when half complete. G-AGPW was dismantled at Filton in October 1953. Obtained from Bristol 60 years ago.
This photo was added on 13 September 2017, and has since been viewed 97 times.