The M.1 fighter was an advanced aircraft when it first flew in 1916. Due to wariness about its monoplane configuration and landing speed, it was built in limited numbers and only saw some frontline service in the Middle East and Balkans theatres of WWI. This replica made a few flights in 1987. It was then acquired by the RAF Museum, given an original Le Rhône engine and painted as an aircraft of an instructor flying school of the RFC, C4994.
This photo was added on 29 June 2018, and has since been viewed 114 times.