Photo taken by an unknown photographer in the second half of 1954. ZK-BGA had been VH-BPF with British Commonwealth Pacific Airways, a joint Anglo-Australian-New Zealand airline. BCPA closed down after a major accident and the remaining DC-6s transferred to TEAL, which was another tri-national airline but with a higher New Zealand ownership. -BGA was sold to the New Zealand air force as NZ3631 in 1961, the year TEAL became an entirely New Zealand-owned airline. TEAL would later change its name to Air New Zealand. Negative held by Bill Gray, Perth, Australia.
This photo was added on 22 August 2017, and has since been viewed 146 times.