A spares aircraft for Kelowna Flightcraft. This was one of two CV340s converted to turboprop powered YC-131C in 1954 by the installation of YT-56-A-3 engines, thus becoming America's first multi-engine turboprop military transports. Assigned USAF serial 53-7886 where it served alongside 53-7887 as a testbed to prove the feasibility of turboprop engines for military operations. In 1955 the two aircraft flew a total of 3,000 hours and were later assigned to MATS. Was leased to General Motors in 1957 for development testing of Allison's civilian 501-D13 version of the T-56. It later served with the FAA and a host of civilian operators.
This photo was added on 16 April 2018, and has since been viewed 85 times.