Delivered to United Air Lines (via National Air Transport) in 1933 as NC13340, first as a Boeing 247, converted to 247D in July 1935. To the CAA (predecessor of the FAA) in 1942 as NC18. Sold in 1947, to N18 in 1949, and served with various companies. Reregistered as N18E in 1953. Acquired by the Wings and Wheels Museum at Orlando, FL in 1977. The museum closed in Dec 1981, and acquired by the Science Museum in a Christie's auction. An epic delivery flight then took this rare Boeing 247 through Reykjavik, Dublin and Cardiff on 29/30 Jul 1982. The final leg to Wroughton was flown on 3 Aug 1982.
This photo was added on 14 April 2018, and has since been viewed 95 times.