View of Manchester Barton from the south from 1500 ft. The 1933 control tower is at centre and the large 1930-built hangar is below it. Both are listed buildings. Other hangars were added post-war to cater for the needs of the growing resident aircraft population. The main grass runway has been doubled in width to reduce wear and tear. This was the city's main airport until Ringway was completed in 1938.
This photo was added on 18 March 2018, and has since been viewed 47 times.