The survival of A46-54 is remarkable because its stripped airframe was sold for scrap in 1955. About 1973 the fuselage frame was purchased by Les Arthur who had an aviation museum on his property at Wellcamp, near Toowoomba. Not long after the photo it was acquired by Greg Batts and became a long-term restoration project. In 2001 it was registered VH-MHB but it was still a long way from completion. New wings were mated to the restored fuselage in 2017.
This photo was added on 10 February 2018, and has since been viewed 45 times.