This aircraft was one of four Shorthorns, known as 'Rumpetys', ordered in 1917 and operated at the AFC Central Flying School at Point Cook until 1919. The aircraft was then sold to pioneer R Graham Carey who based it at Port Melbourne. The remains of this, and three other Farmans, were donated to the RAAF Museum in the 1980s and restoration began in 1986. Since 1993 the restored aircraft has been on display in the RAAF Museum. RAF serial B2012.
This photo was added on 29 January 2018, and has since been viewed 69 times.