Now closed, the second Control Tower at Adelaide's West Beach airport was built on top of the original Terminal Building. It opened in 1957, replacing a temporary tower dating from 1954, and operated until the third (current) tower was commissioned in November 1982. Over the years the original terminal structure became submerged by new construction, as seen in this photo. The terminal was closed in 2005 when the new Terminal 1 up the road opened.
This photo was added on 29 January 2018, and has since been viewed 18 times.