Designed and built to an RAAF order, this Winjeel (aboriginal for Young Eagle) made its first flight at CAC's Fishermans Bend aerodrome on 19 April 1956 before being delivered to the RAAF as A85-420. It became an instructional airframe at the RAAF School of Technical Training at Wagga from 1980 to '96. It was then sold to warbird enthusiast Bob Eastgate and stored, fittingly, at Point Cook 1997-2001. Acquired by the present owner in 2003 and restored at Tyabb until 2005.
This photo was added on 23 January 2018, and has since been viewed 78 times.