At the factory in Rochester, Kent. The hill with St Margaret's Church is much the same today. On the left is the prototype of the enlarged Short S.26, G-AFCI Golden Hind. G-AFCV Caribou and G-AFCU Cabot were equipped as transatlantic mailplanes with aerial refuelling by Harrow tankers after take-off. Both to the RAF in September 1939 as V3138 and V3137 and destroyed together by German aircraft at Bodø, Norway on 5 May 1940.
This photo was added on 26 January 2021, and has since been viewed 108 times.