Operated by the Bayer pharmaceutical company from November 1937, both as an executive aircraft and as a 'flying pharmacy' for urgent supplies. This was its first foreign trip. Outfitted in Hamburg in early 1938 with four reclining seats and cargo hold for 1800 kg or six more seats. Maintained by Lufthansa, flown by Bayer crew under Paul Schlafke who is speaking to the Dutch press here. Commandeered by the Luftwaffe as an ambulance aircraft on 1 September 1939. Shot down by a P-40 on 24 June 1942 on a flight from North Africa. Photo from: Nationaal Archief (Netherlands)
This photo was added on 29 November 2020, and has since been viewed 167 times.