201 Squadron's Sunderland 5 is moored in the River Thames next to Tower Bridge during the 1956 Battle of Britain week. Based at RAF Pembroke Dock, the aircraft had landed lower down the river and taxied here for exhibition. 201 Squadron retired their Sunderlands in February 1957, being replaced by Shackleton MR.3s. DP198 had been built as a Mark III by Shorts Windermere factory in December 1943.
This photo was added on 10 January 2018, and has since been viewed 74 times.