Falsely painted as USAF F-100D 55-2879, this is actually the first production F-100C, USAF 53-1709. This aircraft was officially delivered to the USAF on 29 Oct 1954 but made its first flight on 17 Jan 1955. It was transferred to NACA (later NASA) on 4 Sep 1956, and retired in 1972 (last registration used was N703NA). In Sep 1972 it was donated to the San Jose State University for use as an instructional airframe. It stayed there until moved to the Castle Air Museum in 2003/2004, where it was restored in the fake markings seen here. It was first noted on display as such in Dec 2004.
This photo was added on 5 October 2020, and has since been viewed 16 times.