VH-UIW was written off at Wau on October 18, 1932. The wreck was acquired by the Catholic Mission at Alexishafen and moved there with a view to a rebuild. It was still there when the Japanese invaded during World War II and suffered damage during Allied air raids. Danip airstrip fell out of use after the war and it and -UIW were claimed by the jungle. In the 1980s the Junkers was recovered by the PNG defence force first to Madang and then Lae for the National Museum. It is no longer shown as part of the collection.
This photo was added on 20 April 2020, and has since been viewed 46 times.