Used by the 1926 Stirling New Guinea expedition, The Ern was a Bréguet 14 B2 bomber rebuilt with a corrugated metal fuselage and a Liberty engine in the USA by Wilfred Yackey's company. The aircraft served the expedition admirably for two months, making two or three supply flights a day, but was abandoned as the glue on the wooden floats deteriorated. It is seen at the expedition's Albatross Camp (Albatrosbivak) with pilot Hans Hoyte in the front and Matthew Stirling in the back. Photo by: Willem Docters van Leeuwen / Tropenmuseum
This photo was added on 30 August 2019, and has since been viewed 51 times.