A Piper Cub of the Batavia Aero Club over the rice paddies, after WWII. The Royal Netherlands East Indies Army used some 78 Cubs in the Indonesian independence war which raged at this time. Some of these had been bought and loaned to the army by the BPM oil company, which supplied others to aero clubs. The aircraft shown here is the former RNEI Army R-370 (ex USAAF 45-5076), which was transferred to the Batavia (Jakarta) club on 1 July 1948, together with PK-SAF (ex R-346). A Cub painted as R-370 is preserved at Kalijati, but it is not known if it is this aircraft. Photo from: Tropenmuseum
This photo was added on 30 August 2019, and has since been viewed 48 times.