KLM opened its scheduled intercontinental service to Batavia (Jakarta) in 1930 on a fortnightly basis with the Fokker F.VIIb/3m. From 1 October 1931 it was flown weekly in both directions by the new Fokker F.XII, which carried four to six passengers on the 15,000-km route in addition to the mail. PH-AIV Valk (falcon) has been put up horizontally for an inspection by Queen Wilhelmina. The comfy chairs and the catering provisions are also displayed outside for the media, including the Polygoon cinema newsreel. Photo from: Amsterdam City Archives
This photo was added on 13 August 2019, and has since been viewed 28 times.