D-5069 was built and delivered in Oct-1952. After it was damaged in 1990 it went to the Deutsches Segelflugmuseum at Wasserkuppe. The ES-49 was designed by Edmund Schneider who gave a license to Schleicher to build the prototypes and series production. Only 8 were built because the gliding clubs preferred steel tube trainers instead of the wooden construction of the ES-49. After Schneider moved to Australia plans of the aircraft were sold as the ES-49 Wallaby and a few were built. A redesigned development was the ES-49B Kangaroo.
This photo was added on 28 November 2018, and has since been viewed 271 times.