Small jet engine manufacturer Williams International had Burt Rutan's Scaled Composites design and build the V-Jet II as a test bed and technical demonstrator. First flown in 1997, Eclipse Aviation was founded a year later to continue the concept and developed the design into the Eclipse 500. The sole V-Jet II was donated to the Experimental Aircraft Association Museum in 2001.
One of several ex-Spanish Air Force Buchons that participated in the 1969 film "Battle of Britain". After shooting, aerial coordinator Wilson "Connie" Edwards acquired several aircraft from the movie and donated this aircraft to the EAA Museum in 1979.
Built in 1927 and fitted with an OX-5 engine. Post-war fitted with Continental W670 engine and maintained airworthy. I flew in it this day when it was 79 years old. This type was used on internal US Air Mail Route C.A.M.5 in the late 1920s. and it wears Fleet No. 3 to record that era.
This Jungmeister originally belonged to Spanish aviator Col. José Luis Aresti Aguirrere Brought to the USA by aerobatic pilot Mike Murphy and rebuilt during 1966-1967 where the 160 HP Siemens-Bramo Sh 14A engine was replaced with a 185 hp Warner engine.
Designed by Max Harlow in 1938 whilst he was an instructor at the Pasadena Junior College in California, hence the PJC designation. This was the sixth of 11 built of this all-metal retractable u/c design. Several were impressed by the USAAF in WW2 as UC-80 communications aircraft. This example served the CAA as NC15.
Built for supply to Siam Air Force but impounded by USAAC before shipment in 1941 as 41-19085 and used as an advanced trainer with P-68 designation. Post-war flew as NX37498, XB-KUU and N68822 before acquisition by EAA as N840. Recently restored to flying condition.
Version of the NR-D Cadet built in quantity in WW2 for the USAAF as target drones and painted in this distinctive red scheme. Many survivors were sold post-war to private flyers, including this now preserved example which wears its 44-68334 serial on its fin.