Barton's control tower was built in early 1933 and is believed to be the oldest still in use in Europe. It originally had a large aerial array on top of the structure, but this is not now needed because of radio development in the ensuing decades. Compare with image 2113221 taken in 1934.
This photo is copyright © R.A.Scholefield, and may not be used or published in any way without permission.
It was added on 15 September 2017, and has since been viewed 532 times.