This is the very first Argosy built. This prototype was delivered to British European as G-AOZZ in December 1961. Exactly seven years later they sold it to Detroit-based Universal Airlines as N896U, and it kept those marks ever since. The aircraft is seen here during the twilight of its active career. A little more than a year later it returned to its former home at Detroit / Willow-Run airport, for preservation in the Yankee Air Force Museum. Regrettably, it was completely broken up in 2013 for financial reasons, despite still being in very good condition.
This photo was added on 27 July 2017, and has since been viewed 1038 times.