Ron Lewis built this airworthy, full scale replica of John Duigan's 1910 biplane between 1984 and 1995. Duigan's biplane was the first Australian-built aeroplane to fly, at Mia Mia, Vic, and his original aircraft is held in the collection of Museum Victoria. Lewis died in 1995 before flight testing of the replica, VH-DGN(2), began at Mangalore. It was subsequently donated to Museum Victoria in 1999 by his family and is now suspended in the entrance foyer of Melbourne Museum at Carlton Gardens.
This photo was added on 26 February 2018, and has since been viewed 55 times.