The sad remains of VH-CEJ in the Transaero hangar for rebuilding. This late-production Australian Tiger came on RAAF strength in Nov 1944 as A17-746 but went straight to storage at Tamworth. Post-war, it was used at Wagga and Uranquinty until 1953. Sold ex Tocumwal storage on 15 April 1954 to Rockampton Aero Club and registered VH-CEJ. Rebuilt in 1968 by Cec Heit and registered VH-CES, she was rebuilt again in 1982 and reverted to VH-CEJ. On the Register with an erroneous "T" rebuild cn.
This photo was added on 18 February 2018, and has since been viewed 63 times.