The Avro Prefect was a development of the earlier Tutor with a third cockpit, to which could be fitted a Scarff ring for gunnery practice. This aircraft was one of four purchased by the RNZAF in 1935 and it served with 1FTS. After the war it was sold and became ZK-APC in 1948. It was purchased by the RNZAF Museum in 1980 and restored at Ohakea where it made its first flight on 8 July 1985. After several years flying an engine problem grounded it and it was put on static display at Wigram.
This photo was added on 9 February 2018, and has since been viewed 68 times.