This Avro-built Cierva Autogiro was built in 1934 and imported into Australia, being registered on 14 June 1935. It was used by Engineer Andrew Thyne Reid for private flights, including between his properties in Sydney and Yass. Impressed during the war, it was used in trials for the development of a 'flying jeep' autogyro. Returned to Reid after the war, he continued to use it until 1949. Subsequently donated to the Royal Aero Club of NSW, later purchased by the Powerhouse Museum where it is on display.
This photo was added on 8 February 2018, and has since been viewed 70 times.