Built to a UK order but shipped to Australia and delivered to Qantas on 14 September 1943 for assembly. Allocated to 2 Flying Boat Repair Depot, Rathmines, on 13 December, then to 9 Squadron on the 17th. In August 1944 allocated to 8 Comms Unit until put in storage in April 1945. Transferred to the Department of External Affairs on 2 October 1947, for use in Antarctica named 'Snow Goose' and operated by RAAF crews. Wrecked in a gale on Heard Island on 5 January 1948. Wreckage recovered in 1980.
This photo was added on 30 January 2018, and has since been viewed 27 times.