KLM's first multi-engined aircraft, the large FK.33 was designed by Frits Koolhoven for the NVI company. It was intended for evening services manned by two pilots and a radio operator. The three engines were uncovered. The pusher engine on the wing was not an afterthought although the aircraft did initially fly with two engines. Note the ladder behind the cabin. Seen here over Rotterdam with the Katendrecht peninsula in the foreground, 'Dikke Dirk' (Fat Derek) was not a succes and only flew 85 hours in KLM service between December 1925 and mid-1927 when it was sold to Germany as D-1250 and registered with the cn as 501, later changed to 1001. Photo from: Ruud van Ommeren collection
This photo was added on 10 August 2019, and has since been viewed 62 times.