A total of 888 C-97s were built, of which 814 were KC-97 tankers. 53-0230 was assigned to the Strategic Air Command in 1955 at Westover AFB, Mass. In 1965 it was converted to KC-97L status at Hayes Aircraft Corp, Birmingham, AL, by the addition of two J47 jet engines and transferred to the Tennessee ANG. To MASDC for storage in 1976 and transferred to the AMC Museum in 10.99
This photo was added on 29 July 2017, and has since been viewed 200 times.