Spanhoe airfield was opened as Spanhoe Lodge in 1943 and was closed in 1945. It is now an unlicensed general aviation field with runway 27 visible here having been part of the taxyway of the original airfield. It was USAAF Station 493 and was largely used for troop transport for the Normandy invasion. Seen from Auster G-AJYB from about 1000 feet
This photo was added on 19 August 2017, and has since been viewed 106 times.