One of the two C- 47 used at this time by Chad Air Force. Was delivered to USAAF in 1943 as 42-23940. Was later used by French Air Force until 1968; Given to Chad Air Force in May 1972. Now derelict in N'djamena.
SE-BAC was delivered to ABA in September 1937 and this early DC-3, later operated by SAS and Karair, survives in the Finnish Aviation Museum in Vantaa. F-AOTY is a Potez 621. In the background are three KLM DC-2s, PH-ALD, -AKN (airborne) and -AKS. There seem to be no paved runways yet which would date the photo before 1938. PH-AKS crashed in October 1938. Photo from: Amsterdam City Archives
Scrapped at Ardmore after being withdrawn from use in 1979. The forward fuselage, wing centre section and engines shipped to the Cook Islands for use as a wind generator on a set of The Silent One (1985). Engines later sold in the US. Rest was still corroding away at Aitutaki as recently as 2008.