Delivered to JAL in 1971 as JA8107. Converted to freighter for them in 1977, and sold to Kalitta 15 years later, in 1992. Withdrawn from use by 2010. In 2017 the registration N702CK was re-used on a Kalitta 747-400F.
Ex USAAF 43-2033, impressed in Dec 1942. Transferred to Aero O/Y in 1948, which became Finnair in 1953. Ten years later this C-53C was converted to DC-3(CF) by replacing the C-53 para door with C-47 type double cargo doors. In 1970 it was sold to the Finnish Air Force as DO-11. It served with them until withdrawn from use in December 1984 and stored at Utti. Airveteran acquired it in April 1986 and they restored it to flying condition and painted it in its wonderful original Aero O/Y colours, as seen here on finals to Lelystad on a grey day.
JA8188 on one of its many visits to Schiphol. This freighter was delivered to NCA in 1988, and was sold to Southern Air 20 years later, as N783SA. In 2014 it became SX-ASO, then EW-460TQ and, very recently, N691SR.
OY-MRH, seen here taking off from runway 24, was delivered to Maersk in 2000, and sold to Sterling in 2005. Following brief spells with AeroSvit (UR-AAQ) and Germania (D-AGEY) in 2012 and 2013, this aircraft ended up with Southwest Airlines in 2014 as N7817J.
Captured here in nice early evening light (at 18:45h), bringing out Helvetic's striking first colour scheme even more strongly. This former American Airlines N1465K was acquired by Helvetic in January 2004, but after only two years it was sold to Girjet (Spain) for lease to Spanair as EC-JRV. It became G-CFDD in 2008, and returned to Fokker as PH-FSQ in September 2010. It was eventually broken up at Woensdrecht, Netherlands in June 2012.
Originally delivered to Japan Air System in 1988 as JA8551, and immediately leased to Korean Air for a year as HL7329. Sold to Northwest in 2000 and operated by them until sold to Omni Air in September 2006 as N531AX. Withdrawn from use in 2013 and scrapped at Goodyear, AZ in 2016.
Photographed at the Schiphol East apron in the evening, two weeks before delivery to Surinam Airways on lease. Still marked as PH-BUW here, but would become PZ-TCM on delivery. Remained with Surinam as such until withdrawn from use in Nov 2009 and stored at Marana, AZ.
Started life in March 2000 with BMA, operating in Star Alliance colours. The company changed its name to BMI less than a year later, and was absorbed by British Airways in 2012. This Airbus still served with them by 2018, still as G-MIDX.
The freighter had a nice career. Delivered to Wardair as C-GXRB in 1978, it also flew with Garuda as EI-BZD and LAP Paraguay as N602DC. It was converted to freighter in 1997 and went to DAS Air Cargo, first as N400JR, then as seen here, 5X-JOS. It was sold as N372BC in 2007, and broken up for spares at Châlons Vatry, France shortly thereafter.
Owned by the Fokker Heritage Flight and beautifully restored by them in 2005. It was originally delivered to Aer Lingus as EI-AKA in 1958. Aer Lingus was the first customer to receive F27s from Fokker, and this example was the first one to be delivered. Other registrations carried by this aircraft were PH-FAA, PH-FSF, ZK-NAH and finally VH-NLS. Following restoration this aircraft did a few flights in this livery in 2005 and 2006, but as of late 2006 it is a static exhibit at Lelystad.