PH-LLB first flight 01-Oct-1959, delivered 10-Oct-1959 (KLM), to N852U registered Jul-1968, converted to 188CF Nov-1968 (Universal > Saturn > Trans International > Transamerica), to C-GNWD registered Jun-1983 (Northwest Territorial), to SE-IVS registered Sep-1986 (Falcon Cargo), to EI-CHW registered May-1993 (Hunting Cargo), broken up at Nottingham-East Midlands, UK in Aug-1998. In the background can be seen Israel AF B377 97/4X-FPY, LOT Viscount SP-LVA and Sabena DC-6 OO-CTN
"Anthony Fokker" served KLM from September 1960 until March 1973. It has arrived at Ringway on a Transatlantic "affinity group charter" and the passengers descend the rear steps to enter the 1962 terminal's international pier. Taken from the viewing area on the pier roof, now long closed.
PH-DCA was sold in Belgium as OO-AMI in 1972 before returning to Dutch registry with Martinair in 1974. Photo taken with a standard lens of -DCA spooling up on the end of runway 07. Access to this part of the airport was stopped soon after. Note the Avro Lincoln on the fire dump under the rear fuselage.
PH-DCM was one of the most photographed KLM DC-8s because it had KLM colours on the left side and Viasa colours on the right. Much less common are photos of it also marked "Operated by PAL" as seen in Sydney in 1966.
PH-DCC was leased to Philippine Airlines in April 1974, initially as PI-C827 and then RP-C827 when the national prefix was changed. It never returned to KLM service and was sold in the US as N833FA in May 1978.