shortly after the East German air force had ceased to exist. NVA 524 was reserialled 9612 in the German Army en was transferred to Poland in 1995. There it became 269 with the Polish army.. There it was w/o on the 4th of April 2003.
The L-39V version of the Albatros was a target tug, produced to work with the Letov KT-04 target with which it is seen here at the Luftwaffenmuseum. The rear seat was replaced by a cable drum for 1700 m (just over 1 mile) of cable.
In the woods northeast of Berlin is this former Russian airbase, which now hosts a collection of mostly East German aircraft, the Yak-28R in the background being an exception. The Il-14 was built by VEB Flugzeugbau Dresden in 1958. It served as a government transport as DM-VAD, then in the air force as 482