Straddling the Lincolnshire and Leicestershire border and close to Nottinghamshire too, the former RAF Bottesford had a very short life. It opened in Autumn 1941 with Avro Manchesters but soon converted to Lancasters. It was transfered to USAAF use in August 1943 for the reception of Dakotas from the USA. Returned to the RAF for heavy bomber training in late 1944, flying had more or less finished by the end of 1945 and though used for a short time for storage it was sold in 1948. It is largely used for industrial purposes and car storage. Taken from a Tiger Moth, G-ANFI and with thanks to Geoff Graham for the magnificent flight.
This photo was added on 15 September 2017, and has since been viewed 472 times.