In 1947(!) this B-17 was put up as an eye-catcher at Art Lacey's Bomber Gas & Restaurant on SE McLoughlin Boulevard in Milwaukie, OR, on the west side of Route 99E. In this photo the faded name "Sky Chief" can still be seen on the nose, taken from Texaco's gasoline brand of the same name. The forward fuselage and the tail gun turret were removed for restoration in March 1996, but the rest of the aircraft remained on display at the restaurant until also removed in late 2014. The aircraft is now under restoration to flying condition in a hangar at McNary Field, Salem, OR. Photo by: John Margolies / John Margolies Roadside America Photograph Archive / Library of Congress
This photo was added on 17 February 2019, and has since been viewed 203 times.