Ghostly image taken in fog of Tracker fuselages (mainly ex US Navy) lined up at Conair Aviation's storage yard for spares use. From the look of it they have been here a long time. Moss is growing on them. Behind these is a row of ex Canadian Forces Trackers with wings folded. 50+ aircraft in this group.
An overview of the main hangar of the MBO College Airport (formerly the NLC - Nederlands Luchtvaart College) in Hoofddorp during a family day. Several of the instructional airframes (both civil and military) can be seen. The Grumman Tracker moved to the Aviodrome museum in Lelystad in July 2007.
The rear fuselage and tail, showing the yellowed 41°Stormo emblem, the code applied (last operational one may have been AS-6) and how the original BuNo was adopted as Matricula Militare. The small tail strut and wheel that would prevent the empannage from hitting the deck for carrier-landing S-2s can also just be seen.
Although somewhat compromising the exhibition of the aircraft, the way this Tracker is parked actually highly resembles how it would be done below deck on an aircraft carrier! The Italian S-2s operated from land though, and this was one of six delivered to the AMI (on behalf of the Marina Militare) at Napoli in 1957.
This DHC-built Tracker (ex RCN 1533) was acquired by Conair in 1980 and soon sold to the Sécurité Civile. Shortly before delivery to them on 24 May 1982 it was converted to Conair Firecat (conversion #009). The aircraft made its last flight for the Sécurité Civile on 25 Sep 2006 and was stored at Marseille. It was bought by the City of Saint-Victoret on 30 Nov 2006, but it remained at Marseille until 19 May 2008 when it was trucked to the Musée de l'Aviation in Saint-Victoret for display. It arrived there the next day.