Delivered to the USAAF as 43-16100 in June 1944, serving many units until supplied to Peru in 1964 and operated by Grupo 8. The cargo ships in the background are awaiting berths at Lima's docks. Full serial is 64-371, but not painted as such.
Faucett's C-47B, in service 1946-1972, parked in front of the Lima "graveyard" for aircraft of defunct airlines. This arresting scene includes DC-3/4/6, Curtiss C-46 and Lockheed Constellations. DC-6 OB-R-830 (blue) of Aeronaves del Peru (right). L749A OB-R-802 of Peru Internacional (left), amongst many others in this "Enthusiast's Heaven" - but not, alas, for the doomed piston engined airliners!
One of a series of 36 modified Stinsons built by the Faucett airline between 1934 and 1946 for their own operation and by the Peruvian Government. This example was displayed outside the Faucett base with skimmed-over windows. It wears the registration of OA-BBQ (c/n 8), which made the first non-stop Lima-Buenos Aires flight on 27 Mar 1937. It is actually OB-R-147 (c/n 29) and is now preserved by the Peruvian Air Force at Lima Jorge Chavez.
Douglas C-47 of the Armada Peruana fitted with non-standard radar nose taxying out at Jorge Chavez. The wording on the upper side of its starboard wing reads "Naval 512". The origin of this aircraft is unknown.
Once well-known in Europe as Finnair's OH-LRF from new in 1957, this Convair was written off ferrying to Bolivia as CP-2256 for SASA on 13.9.93. Two hours after take-off from Lima, the crew realised that the magnetic compass was broken. Due to low fog the crew were not able get a visual fix so they climbed to FL180 to locate the Cordillera Mountain range. When the engines started to backfire, a belly landing was safely made in open countryside