The crumpled VH-ARF on the beach at Port Douglas where it came to grief. It was not repaired. From the 1930s and into the 1950s, Four Mile Beach at Port Douglas was used as the local airstrip. Photo from: State Library of Queensland
Until 1951 the Fokker factory was inconveniently situated at Papaverweg in North Amsterdam, and aircraft were usually transported to Schiphol (East) by barge. Here we see an F.25 Promotor (far left) and some air force aircraft after an overhaul, including an Anson and an Auster. The Harvard is B-12 (FT459). Photo from: Nederlands Instituut voor Militaire Historie
There were two Tiger Moths VH-AZG and this is believed to be the first. The second -AZG was registered during 1955, also to the RQAC. By 1955 the requirement registrations be spread across the surfaces of both wings, as seen in the photo, had been replaced by registrations on the upper right wing and lower left wing surfaces. The first AZG crashed at Clifton, Queensland, on November 9, 1947. Photo from: State Library of Queensland
Built in 1944 by Scottish Aviation at Prestwick for RAF for use as radio-controlled aircraft for gunnery training. One of a number of Queen Bees which survived the war, but this is the only example to have been restored to flying condition. The c/n 1435 is also quoted for this airframe.