The Aviodrome Dove painted in Martins Air Charter, the first name of the later Martinair. Now on display inside the museum, on stilts over the area that is being redesigned. Hopefully to open soon. Also in the background on ground level a selection of noses/cockpit sections.
This Devon was previously flying for the Royal Navy as XJ350. It went in service in August 1955 and was phased out on 25 March 1981. The Aviodome (now Aviodrome) bought it in November 1982 and painted it in the colors of the PH-MAD. The "real" PH-MAD (cn 04030) joined Martin's Air Charter (now Martinair) on 31 March 1960.
Martin's first Dakota, in original colour scheme, served the airline from July 1960 to October 1967. It retains the stair-equipped passenger door fitted when serving BEA as Pionair G-ALXM, making loading of today's cargo payload a slow task!